Thursday, October 18, 2007

Only in Dreams

Last night, my sleeping brain proved to...um...itself/my waking brain that I am a good and moral person. In one of my dreams, I received a phone call from Melky Cabrera of the New York Yankees.

"Hi Jenni, this is Melky Cabrera," he said.
"Hi," I said.
"Do you maybe want to go out with me some time?"
"Well, I don't know. I'm not sure that that would be right."

You see, I remembered, even in my least-conscious state, that Melky Cabrera is RACHEL'S baseball boyfriend. And that's a bond I fully respect.


"Stand by your man...."

Anyway, the world knows I'd rather date Robinson Cano.

3 comments:

rachel said...

thanks for caring about me.
at least in your dreams.

Jenni said...

Yes, by renouncing my claim on one man in favor of another who happens to be both cuter and better at baseball I have demonstrated that my kindness knows no limits. Now, what have you done for me lately?

rachel said...

i made a wall between our beds.
isnt that an act of friendship?