Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I suppose

So I suppose it's about time to add my two cents on all things regarding the house, our ponytails, and I guess that damn chair too.
I've had the last two weeks off and got to use that time to work on the house and get some projects off the ground. One of the things this house is supposed to allow us is some great studio space. This has been somewhat hindered over the past month when our basement has flooded at least three times, leaving it kinda gross and maybe mildly toxic. As a result, Maddie and I have had to forgo are plan to turn the basement into a little cave of creativity. I've instead opted to annex the mysterious first floor closet, one of three such secret rooms in the house. Disregarding all reasoned warnings, I've gone ahead and set up a screen-printing station in the basement - and it is so fun. I work in knee high rubber boots and wear a respirator mask. Here's the light version of the get-up, dust mask only; Solely for the pre-printing sweep.


I should burn some sage down there. That may also help to appease our ghost, which I have only seen in the kitchen. It does, in fact, inhabit our fridge, and creeps between the floor boards late at night. I swear I've sensed it nestling in the attic too, and only on that side of the house, although we are all too timid to go up there. Perhaps that's where we would discover some real evidence. Our mom (v h, no s) researched the house and learned that it was built around 1900, making it all the more likely that something/one could still be here.
I made some Tees in time for our housewarming party - which, by the way, was amazing!!!
Here's an early sketch of one Ponytail Junction logo:

And as far as the chair goes... we've all learned some real lessons. About ourselves, our friends, and the power of internet stalking.
We're keeping the chair.