Monday, September 24, 2007

The animals are talking

I have to start with a sidenote:
I love Maddie.
Rachel, that's MY copy of Tender is The Night you're reading, with MY awkward notes in the margins! You're stuck with the Last Tycoon. or even worse, the collected short stories. deal.
Don't mess with the VHS.

Now for the subject-relevant post.
Since my last update, I have had two more sightings! Yesterday while sitting outside at lunch with a friend, a totally crazy 4 inch leopard print slug crawled (crawled?) right up to our table and just kinda hung out, for a long time. Also a first-time encounter, and also way weird for the city.
Then, just now, as I was watering the garden I discovered a dead dove, underneath the white leaves that grow at the foot of our mysterious pod tree. I am going to have to cover it with more dirt, but it's clearly past the point to be moved. I wonder if my act of burying this one will put an end to my encounters?
I'm open to more signs.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Geez! I thought I smelled something unusually awful when I was sweeping up the shards of the broken OE 40 that was so kindly thrown into our yard by our foul-mouthed teenage neighbors during their raging two-day party.

As for the dove ghost, maybe it will make friends with the house ghost and bring peace to Ponytail Junction.